Terms & Conditions
1. The property known as "the Property" is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Argeles Appartements (the Agents) to the renter (the
2. To reserve a property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable
deposit (25% of the total rental due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send a confirmation invoice/statement. This is formal
acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with a security deposit (see Clause 4) is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental
period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Agents reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled and the
deposit forfeited. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
4. A security bond of €350 is required in case of, for example, damages to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this
clause shall not limit the client's liability to the Owner. The Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover any of these
events. The Agent will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
5. Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, the Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy which includes cancellation
cover and full cover for personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance. PLEASE NOTE CANCELLATION WILL RESULT
IN FORFEIT OF ALL MONIES PAID WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE REFUNDABLE SECURITY BOND.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4 .00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day unless otherwise agreed with the Agents.
Clients should normally arrive between 4pm and 8pm, arrivals outside this time may be accommodated by prior agreement. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer
accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed that stated on the house information unless the owner has given written permission.
Pets may be accepted but please ensure you receive express permission.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the
rental period. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning cost if the client leaves the
property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way, which may cause disturbances to those resident in neighbouring properties.
9. The Client and party acquire no rights whatsoever over the property excepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The Client shall
not sub-let the property.
10. The Client is advised to check the inventory showing the contents of the Property at the start and end of the rental period. The Client shall
report to the Agents without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in furnishings or appliances in the Property. Arrangements for repair or
replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. Neither the Owner or Agents shall be liable to the Client:
a. For any temporary defect of stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or
appliance in the Property.
b. For any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather condition, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the control of the
Owner or Agents.
c. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the
start of the rental period and in any such event, the Agents shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums
previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall the Owners or Agents liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental.
13. The use of accommodation and amenities where offered, lies entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility can be
accepted for injury to user or visitor. Neither the Owners or Agents can be held responsible for losses or damages to the user's or visitor's belongings
regardless of the cause, during their stay at the property.
14. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
15. Argeles Appartements act only as Agent between Owner and Client and are not responsible for the upkeep of any of the properties.
This contract shall be governed by French law particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been compiled in France. Any proceedings arising out of in connection with this contract may be brought in the competent court of Perpignan, France. To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign
the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rental due ). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send a confirmation invoice/statement. Please note that these booking conditions will be included on our confirmation invoice/statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.